soooo yesterday morning, i got a lovely little notification on my blog about a comment on my from vida, nominating me for the liebster award! liebster is german for beloved, loved, or dearest, so the liebster award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers who are up-and-coming in the blogosphere. i was so exited to see that, and i feel so honored! this blog isn’t much, but i’m glad that someone out there enjoys it! :)
lots and lots of thanks to vida for the award…it really means a lot! you should go check out her blog while you’re at it (http://goodgraceiousness.wordpress.com/)! she has a very clear writing voice that is smooth to read and her posts are real, which is very refreshing in a blogging world where not a lot of people are able to be really real in their posts.
so my task now is to answer the questions vida gave me, and then i get to nominate ten other bloggers! stay tuned for the end of the post where i do the nominating and give them their questions!
1. why did you start your blog? i wrote a rather wordy post somewhat about this, about this a week or so ago, which you can check out HERE, but the short explanation is that i wanted a space to express myself. i love writing, especially about random things i love, and i wanted to portray life how it really is in words. i have another blog dedicated to all things healthy living (check it out HERE), but i don’t feel like i have as much creative freedom with that blog. sooo yeah! life and loveliness was born!
2. what is your favorite hobby or activity – one that really makes you feel happy and peaceful? this is a bit tricky. i love filling my life with lots of things that make me happy! as of right now, writing is probably tied for first with playing the piano. i’ve been playing for a long time now, and i also teach piano lessons, so piano is stuck pretty strongly in the middle of my heart. i play mostly classical music, (bach and schubert and chopin and all that lovely goodness), and i’d say that spending time at the piano, playing the music i love, is what makes me feel incredibly happy and peaceful. lately i’ve been bad at getting to the piano with all the other things i have going on, but once i get the opportunity to sit down and play, i love it. i am obsessed with classical songs with beautiful, emotional, glorious melodies that are unquestionably inspired.
3. what is your favorite book? i think pride and prejudice still takes the cake with this one. i read it in fifth grade and have been obsessed ever since. it’s just solid, good, classic romance!
4. tell us something about you not many people know. ummm, i have a blog. (duh.) actually two blogs. ha, not many people in my life actually know that. okay, in seriousness, i speak to myself in french while i run. i’ve taken four years of french, and now whenever i run, i automatically translate the music i’m listening to into basic, broken french in my head. sound fun? yeah it was cool for about two months or so, but now i can’t make my brain stop when i want english-only music, ha. the weird thing is that it doesn’t happen when i’m listening to music in the car, or anywhere else. only when i’m running!
5. what was the most magical day of your life and why? ooh this is tricky too. truly magical days are pretty rare. if i had to choose, i’d say one day a couple years ago when i was in new york city with some pretty awesome people. we were in nyc for a few days, but one particular day stands out. the breakfast conversation that morning was refreshing and new and i’d venture to say it started a few things. we visited the 9/11 memorial, where i had an awesome experience, the gives-you-chills-kind, where i felt some strong, indescribable connection that nyc has with all of its people that stems from 9/11. that was when i knew i wanted to live there someday. we spent the afternoon shopping the black market for purses in chinatown, and then went to see “memphis” on broadway in the evening. most of us dressed up for the play, and i had the privilege of sitting by someone very nice during it. after the play, we went to ellen’s diner, where the inch-away-from-broadway waiters and waitresses sang us songs while they served us. it was just a pretty darn surreal, solid day that rang with magic.
6. do you believe in love at first sight? why or why not? yes, i do. i say this somewhat hesitantly because i haven’t actually experienced it firsthand, but i do believe it’s possible. and the why? i believe in it because i believe that love is something magical and wonderful that can defy expectations and logic and everything that is supposed to happen. if you’re only using your brain, and not your heart, love at first sight seems very illogical and ridiculous, but you’ve gotta remember that this is love you’re dealing with! does love ever really make perfect, logical sense? nope, but it happens anyway. love at first sight is legit in my opinion.
7. what is your favorite childhood memory? my little siblings and i used to perform plays together. i’d write them and then we’d put so much time and effort into getting together costumes and props and going the whole nine yards before performing the plays for our parents. fun stuff, right there!
8. describe yourself in three words. independent, loving, positive.
9. if you could spend a day with one person, living or dead, who would it be and why? mmm kay, i hope this isn’t creepy, and i certainly don’t mean it to be, but i would love to hang out with natalie holbrook. i discovered her blog a couple months ago (www.heynataliejean.com —- you better go check it out!), and i’m pretty much obsessed. she writes absolutely beautifully about real, marvelous, beautiful life, lives in new york city (my future location of residence, for sure), has an adorable little boy, aaaand her bio on twitter says “what would anne shirley do?” i. love. anne. shirley. i read all of those books multiple times, and it’s sad that anne of green gables has kind of faded off into the distance in the world. anyway…i’m not sure what we’d do for that day, but even just a chat would be great! and now that i sound like a stalker, let’s move on to the next question!
10. who is the one person who can always make you smile? so i have this one friend, who’s on a 2-year mission right now to the philippines, and he’s pretty great. i have lots of awesome people in my life who make me smile, but narrowing it down i’d say he can always make the smiling thing happen.
now it’s my turn! if you are nominated by me, here’s what ya gotta do!
1. thank the person who nominated you (me!) and link back to their blog in your post.
2. answer the 10 questions i give you (they’re slightly different than the ones i just answered).
3. nominate 10 of your favorite blogs that have less than 200 followers and let them know about their nomination via a comment or message or something similar.
4. come up with 10 more questions for your nominees to answer.
here are my nominees for the liebster award (should they choose to accept…which i hope they will)! along with the other few things i’ve told you to go check out already, you should also give these links a click and see the great stuff these people are writing!
my elegantly cluttered chamber
now before i end this insanely long post, here are the questions for my nominees to answer in their posts! and if anybody else wants to answer some of these questions in the comments section of this post, go right ahead! i’d love to hear from anyone!
1. why do you blog?
2. what is your favorite song and why?
3. describe yourself in three words.
4. who is the one person that can always make you smile?
5. describe your idea of a perfect day.
6. if you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
7. where do you find inspiration in life?
8. if you could spend a day with one person, living or dead, who would it be and why?
9. what would you like to be remembered for?
10. have you ever experienced a turning point in your life? if so, what caused it, and what have you learned from it?
i’m excited to read everyone’s posts! :)
15 thoughts on “liebster award!”
Omg! I had no idea we had so much in common. Also find playing the piano extremely peaceful. I love classical music. I really want to learn French, but I haven’t yet. Love Pride and Prejudice and all things Anne of Green Gables. I even did a post about a quote of hers. Its nice to find s “kindred spirit”!
No way! It’s so fun finding people who have things in common with you! It’s especially great because I feel like I enjoy things that aren’t as popular anymore (Pride and Prejudice, classical music, etc). And I just found that post of yours (I think) and I love that quote! Great post!
I feel the same way. Always fun to find others who like the same stuff. I was born about 150 years too late. Lol!
Thank you so much for the nomination! I appreciate your encouragement! :)
No problem! I’m happy to give it! :)
Congratulations with your liebster award, that’s amazing!
Congrats on your Liebster as well. I was just checking out your blog because mine was nominated and I have no i-d-e-a what I’m doing! lol :)
I love your how you changed your questions around a bit. Very cool!
I’m glad you enjoyed the post! Thanks for reading, and congrats on your Liebster too! :)
Thank you so much for the nomination! Really nice of you – off to sort out a response.
You’re welcome! I’m excited to read your post! :)
First congrats on your award, and second thank you for nominating me.
I haven’t been writing for a while and little things like this push me to keep doing it.
oh yeah, I love that you translate everything into broken French.
Do you have an accent in your head when you do it?
Because I’m making up words in my head right now and pretending they’re french words, but I have an accent. ha ha
Haha, uhm I think I have an accent when I do it? At least I try to sound like a normal French person in my head instead of just a typical, very non-French person. And I make up words in my head and pretend they’re French too! All the time! And if I can’t think of the right French replacement an English word, I’ll usually just pretend it’s a cognate and try to pronounce it in a French-ish way haha. Maybe someday I’ll be fluent for real!
And I’m happy to give you the nomination! You’re a great writer! :)