I didn’t do my usual “favorite things” post on Saturday, since I’m in the middle of this whole “blog every day in February” thing with set prompts and such, and I kinda missed it! This past week was quite solid, and chock full of little moments of goodness, but I’ll narrow it down.
1. BLOGGING. Holy cow I have spent so much time on it lately. With writing a post every day, plus tweaking with the overall design of this here blog, it’s been a lot. I’m not sure if I should call it wasting time, or being productive. It makes me feel better to think I’m accomplishing something, so we’re going to go with the productivity description. Plus, there’s some serious enjoyment going on over here with all of this, so it’s a win-win in my eyes. I talked about my future blogging hopes in this post, and I seriously wish that work and an education didn’t have to happen all the time, because I totally have the capacity sit at my laptop for hours doing blog-related things. I’d say finally buying my own domain (lifeandloveliness.com) was one of the highlights of my week, mainly because now I feel super-legit (although whether I really am legit or not is quite debatable).
2. THE OLYMPICS. Yes, I know I already mentioned this in another favorites post, but guys, it just keeps getting better! I’m about ready to become a figure skater over here. And if that doesn’t work out, then Plan B is the ski jump. The thrill-seeking side of me is making its appearance, and flying through the air, without anything holding you up, or holding you back, just looks like some serious fun. (image source)
3. THROWIN’ IT BACK. I watched “Camp Rock” on Saturday morning, and “High School Musical 2” last weekend, because, well, they were on Netflix, and why not. I was in the mood for some nostalgia and a throwback to the days when Disney Channel original movies were my favorite movies ever. Since this was back before the popularity of Facebook and Twitter and all of that, my best friend and I sent each other emails full of lots of colored font, all-caps sentences, and numerous exclamations of excitement for weeks before High School Musical 2 was about to come out. Let’s just say that watching those movies this time around was a bit more amusing than it was when I was in middle school… (image source)
4. UNEXPECTED COMPLIMENTS. They’re just the nicest, you know?
5. BLUE SKIES AFTER RAIN. I’ve actually really enjoyed the torrential rain the past few days here, and it has made for some epic running adventures, but today the sky is a medium-soft blue and I love it. The world is beginning to hint just a tiny bit at spring, and it’s wonderful.
What are your favorite things lately?
If you’re a blogger, feel free to join in #blogeverydayinFEB!
other places to find me (because making friends is fun, right?!):
twitter >>> @tessabrynnk
bloglovin’ >>> life and loveliness
pinterest >>> tessa kohler