^^^ Ya you read that title. So here’s a list of things. I’m not even putting a picture.
- Natalie Jean just blogged again after a year away, and it’s everything I wanted it to be for her first post back.
- I decided that I’m going to buy myself a bathrobe when I move into my new apartment in KC. Because somehow a bathrobe seems like a token of adulthood? Or at least a token of adulthood living in an apartment on your own? Or at least a token of some form of luxury? So ya, bathrobe.
- I’ve spent 3 months being sad and sentimental and nostalgic for Utah, and I think I’m done being sad and I just want to move already.
- I went to a concert the other night and I decided that I would definitely be okay with dating someone in a band. Long hair, artistic flair, some well-placed tattoos…yeah I promise I’m not kidding, I’d be wayyyy into that. Ok maybe not the leather pants. But all the rest of it, where do I sign up??? Anyone know any temple-worthy kids who check off the “rockstar” box?
- Dan Mace on Casey Neistat’s vlogs these days MAKES MY LIFE SO HAPPY. Like, can I order one of him to bring to KC with me to be my friend before I make friends haha? [watch THIS ONE and THIS ONE especially]
- Whaaaaat do I even want this blog to be? Do I want it to be anything? Do I need it to be anything?
That’s all! K bye!
- looking at the effortlessly cool Instagram feeds of women working in the ad industry in NYC and killing it at life.
- the app “Hyperspektiv” … solidly the best $0.99 I’ve spent all day. but I’m also easily entertained. basically there are about 20 different interactive filters that you can use to distort your photos or videos so you can live our your dreams of being artsy. [AM I AN ART DIRECTOR YET???]
- getting the perfect text placement and color for my IG story about how cool Hyperspektiv is.
so basically I need to get off the internet hahaha.
Tonight Aubrey and I went and got soda, and I told her all about visiting KC this past weekend for the first time. Then she said something along the lines of, “I’m so glad it’s everything you wanted and needed it to be.”
The last part of that sentence was so spot on— everything I needed it to be.
Moving to Kansas City was in no way part of my plan. It was NYC or die trying. But things fell into place so gracefully and suddenly KC became my plan. And I’m so grateful it did, because it’s definitely the right thing. But at the same time, I think I’ve needed some confirmation that KC is a place where I can really grow, and flourish (haha, to use the term from my positive psych class), and live, because it’s most definitely not NYC.
And yeah, (thankfully!) this past weekend was everything I needed it to be. KC is freaking rad. It has a vibe, it has cool people, it’s a legit city, it has cool architecture, it has art, it has good food, it has lots of trees and lots of green, it’s not completely flat (ha, the ignorance of someone raised in the west), and I can already tell it’s the kind of hidden gem that I live for.
So lately I’m grateful for a God with a plan that is greater than my own agenda, and also for tender mercies like a skyline and cool graffiti.